- This event has passed.
Blockchain & Supply Chain (Online)
December 17, 2020 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm UTC-5Free
The Supply Chain impacts everything we touch. From the food, we eat to the clothes we wear to the medicines we depend on. But inefficiencies and discrepancies abound. How can blockchain technology revolutionize this industry?
- Voruganti Aravind is the Vice President and the Blockchain Practice & Product Lead for IDS. He has a demonstrated history of working on various blockchain technology projects and products in supply chain and verification as a service domains, working with MNCs and startups. He is a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and corporate trainer, who has trained over 1200 professionals in blockchain. He is has a proven track record in research and development (R&D), innovation, capacity building, community development, product management, and blockchain. He is an Alumnus of IIIT Hyderabad & IBM Certified Blockchain Solution Advisor and has Expertise as Blockchain Solution Architect.
- Silvio Frank Pupo-Casco is the GBA Florida Chapter President as well as the Regional Leader for GBA South America. He is a Co-Founder and CEO at Logos Capital Group, a Miami-based Impact Investment firm with private equity (PE), investment banking, business development and Venture Capital (VC) capabilities. He has extensive experience with flight/ground logistics coordination and resilient energy/water/infrastructure rebuilding. He serves on the City of Miami, Mayors International Council as a Sister City Ambassador.
- Paul F Dowding is Co-Founder and Head of Design, L4S Corporation, where he has designed a patent-pending asset and life-cycle agnostic, near-real-time, high-capacity and scalable, distributed transaction and accounting DLT protocol. L4S Corporation is currently funding itself to build a production version of its protocol for targeted clients in 2021. His career began as a manufacturing engineer but he transitioned to financial services operations, product management, strategy and innovation across many products within Banks, Brokers, Fund Managers, Depositories and Clearing Houses around the world. He has found his prior manufacturing and financial process knowledge and experience combined with his long-time lay interest in encryption, meta-mathematics and number theory as well as his academic and practical Blockchain/DLT research and analysis transferable and valuable to many of supply chain’s challenges and potential. Paul is an active publisher of articles and videos on LinkedIn/YouTube related to Blockchain challenges and solutions. Paul is a graduate of the University of Southampton, UK with a B.Sc. Hons (So’ton) Aeronautics and Astronautics. He is an Associate Member of The Institute of Mechanical Engineers, and has previously held NASD Series 7, 63 and 24 licenses.
The speakers will discuss how blockchain is impacting supply chain management including:
- Covid supply chain needs for vaccines
- Critical issues that are hindering the adoption of blockchain at scale
- Digitizing ports and airports for smart cities
- Experience digitizing the multimodal supply chain
- Pharmaceutical supply chains
- Refrigerated supply chain, coldchain
- Supply chain acquisitions and investments
- Supply chain stress testing
- Supply chain technology
- The challenges of current supply chains that are garnering the interest in Blockchain and DLT
- The differentiators of distributed ledgers vs central databases for Supply Chain
- The evolution of supply chain from 3PL-10PL
- The fundamental requirements and success criteria for a DLT Supply Chain
- Tracking and training with FDA