Working Groups are coordinating with Javon Swint to accomplish three goals. They are:
- Develop BMM Supplemental Standards. However, members of the working group are encouraged to take the Intro to BMM Online Course for the foundational knowledge to work on and develop the supplements.
- Blockchain Resource Pages – Each working group is being asked to develop a resource page as a way to promote the members of each working group. For an example, see the Voting Resource Page.
- Establishing Subject Matter Expertise (SME) criteria, training, and tests.
Below are some highlights of specific working groups.
This group has two projects in development. They are:
- Development of the Blockchain & Digital Asset Management Course. This course provides students with a comprehensive understanding of digital asset management. Students will learn the legal, financial, economic, and governance aspects essential for responsible digital asset management. Students will learn the principles and issues related to the management of digital assets enabling them to navigate jurisdictional variations and learn when to seek professional advice.
- Development of a BMM Token Supplement to evaluate the trustworthiness of a Token. This project will being done in coordination with the Mining & Cryptocurrency Working Group.
This group is responsible for implementing the technology used by the GBA. The group currently has 6 projects. They are:
- Establishment of a Decision Analysis & Resolution Process to select technology solutions for the GBA.
- Establishing a GBA document & data repository
- Establishing a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System
- Coordinating with CompTIAon the development of Blockchain Technology Training & Certification
- The University of Chicago Tech Team is providing a team of approximately 15 Computes Science students to build technology for the GBA.
- The GBA is exploring establishing a blockchain for the United Nations IGF Dynamic Coalition on Blockchain Assurance & Standardization
The Gaming Group is about to release the Gaming BMM Supplement for review. They are looking for blockchain-based solutions to pilot the BMM Gaming Supplement. Who will be the first solution to have a GBA BMM Gaming Rating?
This group is developing a BMM DAO Supplement to support the DAO being developed by GBA member, GOSH to support the UN IGF Dynamic Coalition on Blockchain Assurance & Standardization. The goal will be to perform a BMM DAO assessment as criteria to formally establish a permanent DAO.
The group meets every Thursday. To see the details log into the GBA website and visit the Healthcare Calendar Event. Note: You can only see the event if you are logged into the GBA website. Please be sure to create your own calendar reminder. If you have any problems or questions, message firstname.lastname@example.org
This group is currently supporting the United Nations Internet Governance Forum (IGF) Dynamic Coalition on Blockchain Assurance & Standardization. The group has several active projects including:
- Drafting the 2024 Plan
- Piloting a Decentralized Autonomous Organization (DAO)
- Establishing a Directory of Trusted Blockchain Solutions
This group for individuals or organizations that are interested in starting a new blockchain project or entity or are seeking to scale their existing entity in the US or globally. It also includes individuals and groups that are interested in learning about new funding or investing in blockchain based initiatives. For details log onto the GBA website and go to Investor & Startup Calendar Event (only available to logged in GBA members)
This group focuses on developing informational materials and events to help people understand the legal impacts of blockchain and cryptocurrency technologies and activities.
This group is collecting the lessons learned and feedback from the first several assessments and preparing to publish the next version of the BMM.
This working group is actively translating GBA assets like the BMM into Spanish and extending GBA benefits into the Spanish speaking world.
This group is not yet active. However, we are looking for ways to engage with students and educational institutions.
The Voting Working group is currently working on establishing the process and technology to plan and execute the GBA Board Elections.