We are thrilled to celebrate visionary individuals and teams who have made remarkable contributions in Leadership, Innovation, Social Impact, and Courage with blockchain. These trailblazers have contributed a profound benefit to society.
Past winners have included:
- Amelia Gardner– implemented blockchain-based voting for a national election in Utah County.
- Frank Ricotta– CEO & Founder of BurstIQ. He developed a secure blockchain platform for healthcare, safeguarding health information and personal identity.
- Barbara (Bobbi) Muscara– created a blockchain system to track and distribute surplus summer crops to those in need through food banks and veterans organizations.
- Carlos Toriello Herrerías, Organizer #Fiscal_Digital, utilized blockchain technology to enhance legitimacy in elections, reduce conflicts, and prevent violence in Latin America’s corrupt voting system.
- Bill Rockwood Jr., Financial & Technology Policy Advisor for Congressmen Darren Soto, was a leader in the US Congressional Blockchain Caucus and was responsible for shepherding numerous blockchain bills.
- Joseph Lowe, Chairman & Founder, (Proposed) Maven Federal Credit Union, established a blockchain-based credit union, empowering communities and reinvesting profits locally.
- Kathleen A. Alcorn, (former) Vice Mayor of Springfield, IL. Developed a system for students to receive mandatory health care.
- President Nayib Bukele, adopted Bitcoin as a national currency in El Salvador.
- Sary Qasim, GBA MENA Lead, inspired and encouraged many leaders in the Middle East to join in the work and mission of GBA.
- Jon Trask, CEO and Founder of Dimitra Technology, developed a blockchain based network to enable farmers to reduce environmental impact, reduce deforestation, fight world hunger, increase crop yield and mitigate risk.
- Mike Kanovitz, CEO of Jurat, developed an NFT blockchain system to help individuals navigate the courts system in the US.
- Pradeep Goel, CEO of Solve.Care Foundation, directed the creation of over 11 shelters in Ukraine, housing and feeding thousands of displaced Ukrainians.
The Social Impact Award for two consecutive years was graciously sponsored by Bryan Talebi, CEO and Co-Founder of Ahura AI. Learn more about Bryan’s inspiring journey from a desert village in Iran to leading an AI-based learning system from his video https://lnkd.in/eFYhac-V
These winners, alongside many others, have significantly contributed to justice, service, empowerment, and liberty in our society. Help us honor the trailblazers shaping our future by nominating your colleague.
Visit the Annual Achievement Awards Nomination page for details!