Government Blockchain Association (GBA)
Healthcare Working Group Minutes
February 2, 2019
Mirko De Malde (Call Moderator)
Gerard Dache (Scribe)
- Gerard will discuss with Rob Perry a solution so that we can have a conference call solution so that multiple people can start a call if the host is unable or unavailable. Then we can deploy this solution to all working groups.We reviewed the current course development plan and assignments.
|1||Healthcare Megatrends & Introduction to blockchain Technologies||Gerard Dache||Gerard Dache
|Drafted||Drafted||Gerard to finish and Javier (April)|
|2||Blockchain in healthcare – The wide picture||Wassim Merheby
|Not Yet||Not Yet||We will complete after all of the other modules are completed.|
|3||Blockchain in clinical trials management||Siddhi Trivedi||Siddhi Trivedi||Not Yet||Drafted||Siddhi will submit after she speaks at a panel on the subject and updates it with content from the conference.|
|4||Blockchain in Data management/access/ Control + Consent management||Miles Vaughn
|5||Blockchain in Drugs supply chain and anti-counterfeiting||Wassim Merheby
|6||Blockchain in Insurances – claims management/frauds reduction –||Susana Esteban
|7||Blockchain in improving administrative processes||Susana Esteban|
|8||Blockchain in a value-based healthcare system||Ingrid Vasiliu-Feltes
|9||New business models in healthcare and the role of tokenization||Brennan Bennett
|10||From acute care to prevention – The role of blockchain in 4Ps medicine focus on the evolution of the care delivered by healthcare providers|
|11||Regulatory such as HIPAA and GDPR||Miles Vaughn
|12||Technical Implementation and Challenges||Sam Nathens
|13||Business Challenges||Sam Nathens|
|14||Cultural Challenges||Susana Esteban
- We discussed the importance of having these modules peer reviewed. Gerard indicated that Tory Cenaj had discussed with Gerard something about posting our content and maybe we could discuss using her network to peer review the work products of this group. It is important to have peer reviews from hospitals and a variety of stakeholders in the healthcare ecosystem.
- We discussed the rules for mentioning specific companies in the training materials. The proposed rule is that if an organization is doing something very noteworthy and deserves mentioning inthe training, that would be appropriate. However, the general rule would be to use GBA member organization be promoted. One way to promote them is through a link to the GBA Organizational Resource Directory and the appropriate category. At this point, there is no hard and fast rule. However, we hope to better clarify this expectation soon.
- We agreed that it was important to include someone from the GB Training Program in our efforts to make sure that this training is in compliance with the GBA Training Program Requirements.
- We will send out a separate message with the ongoing accomplishments of Dhonor
- All course module leaders/members are encourage to write a post about what they are doing and call for members of the working group and general public to provide input, feedback and comments. All members of the project team have been upgraded to “Moderator” so that they can ask the other members of the HC WG to provide input. Gerard can also broadcast any request for input globally and on social media. These pages in the group can be set for being publically accessible.
- Next call in two weeks.