[vc_row][vc_column width=”2/3″][vc_tta_accordion style=”salbii” c_icon=”chevron” c_position=”right” active_section=”” collapsible_all=”true” title=”GBA FAQ”][vc_tta_section title=”What is GBA?” tab_id=”1526059407895-3a17c6ba-8ae9″][vc_column_text]The Government Blockchain Association (GBA) is an International Professional Association and a US-based non-profit, membership organization that consists of individuals and organizations that are interested in promoting blockchain related solutions to government requirements. Membership is available to Civil Servants along with private sector Professionals and Corporations.
GBA creates relationships that would otherwise not come about – between and among technologists, public policy makers, application specialists and those who simply need to understand the new and emerging digital currencies that will change the world. GBA will act as a catalyst in creating a public dialog around the creative, profitable and positive leveraging of blockchain.[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”What type of organization is GBA?” tab_id=”1526060416351-f711adb8-c356″][vc_column_text]GBA is a non-profit (501c6) that connects people and organizations with blockchain based solutions to problems typically faced by government entities.
- GBA is not a lobbying organization. However, it does bring together governments around the world (at all levels) with industry, in order to create helpful dialog that will facilitate the efficient, ethical and rational adoption of blockchain technology so that this powerful innovation increases the quality of life for citizens across the world.
- We conduct and promote networking, training and educational events
- Publish and support the creation of content to help members understand and communicate important blockchain related information.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”What is the GBA ethics statement? ” tab_id=”1526060702665-cf75f4ce-4714″][vc_column_text]We understand that any global advocacy association will need to reflect viewpoints and positions from many varied perspectives. Yet, technology like any inanimate object, is neutral with regard to human motivations. Therefore, the following tenants will guide GBA leadership and its members as we engage public policy makers, influencers and citizens at large:
- Technology is a resource that can and should be used for good, on behalf of citizens across the world.
- The resultant uses of technology such as blockchain and related innovations should be to improve quality of life of citizens.
- Governments, civil servants, and laws are instituted by citizens and nations to serve and protect, not to suppress or hinder the free and positive pursuits of the governed.
- The inalienable rights and dignity enjoyed by citizens shall not be unduly suppressed by the authority of governments as they carry out their mandated roles and responsibilities.
- GBA will only pursue goals that serve to form a more perfect union between and among governments and the citizens they serve, establish justice, ensure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense of citizen’s rights and welfare and secure the blessings of liberty in a free society.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”What are GBA chapters, working groups, and communities of interest?” tab_id=”1526059407985-4e46cc9e-4683″][vc_column_text]Our dream at the GBA is to bring together government employees who are looking to solve problems with private sector people and organizations with blockchain based solutions. That dream stands on 3 legs, our Working Groups, Local Chapters, and Communities of Interest.
Working Group (WG)
WGs are where members and GBA produce content. WGs evaluate needs and develop blockchain recommendations, solutions and publications. They perusing some kind of deliverable, anything from a white paper to a product. Each WG defines its own goals. Any GBA member can join any WG because they are not localized, But they are subject driven. This encourages highly interested and self-motivated members to join and produce a quality content. Every WG member can find and communicate with other experts or leaders in their field, and GBA monitors progress in all its groups and is dedicated to promoting WG deliverables to interested public and private sector parties, who might benefit from the WGs effort.
Chapters are essentially the grassroots communities of GBA. they are localized groups that meet at least once a month, normally at a restaurant or social space, where there is high-level presentation (often based on one of the WG projects) that is designed to keep attendees educated and up to date with the latest blockchain new and tech. These events are almost always free unless there is a cost for the venue, but GBA does everything possible to make these monthly chapter meetings free to everyone who wants to be a part of the conversation. We have developers and interested entrepreneurs show up often, lots of people come just to learn, and local and state legislators often attend to either speak about how they would like to see blockchain befit their district, or to better understand the technology. Our Chapters help to connect people locally, and are dedicated to educating those who need it, and encouraging a blockchain discussion between legislators and constituents.
Communities of Interest (COI)
COIs are non localized communities that share a common interest. unlike WGs they are not actively producing content or perusing a product, and unlike CHs they are not localized. COIs are interested or influential parties. For example, some of our COIs include “Universities and Education”, “Government Executives”, and “Development – Ethereum”. These are just a fraction of the groups that represent the people and industries that blockchain will most likely impact or disrupt. Because of that, their input is incredibly important. to help facilitate a smooth adoption of blockchain, the people who will be affected most should have their voices heard as well as be the most educated. We hope that the COIs will interact with the WGs closely to define common goals for the technology and help all involved parties reach a better understanding of the challenges ahead.[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Can someone from GBA speak at my event?” tab_id=”1526060303059-08ebc2c0-caf4″][vc_column_text]If you want someone from GBA to speak at your event, Just ask our members!
We want to help you find the right GBA member to speak at your event, through our website. Many GBA members are well-informed thought leaders in the blockchain or government spaces, and we have a vast and growing network worldwide. We recommend you take a look at your local GBA chapter or one of our Working Groups to pick a leader or member of a group that reflects the theme of your event.
For example, if you’re hosting an event in New York City, focusing on cryptocurrency regulations, then you should start by reaching out to the New York Chapter, found in out Chapter Directory. and one of our working groups under Financial Regulatory & Compliance that you can find in our Working Group Directory.[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][/vc_tta_accordion][vc_tta_accordion style=”salbii” c_icon=”chevron” c_position=”right” active_section=”” collapsible_all=”true” title=”Membership FAQ”][vc_tta_section title=”What does GBA offer its members?” tab_id=”1526069573940-5a2fe208-59cd”][vc_column_text]The value of being a member of GBA will be priceless for any professional or organization that desires to lead, or even simply monitor-the global transformation as blockchain improves government services across the world.
- Community and affinity with those also interested in serving governments with this technology
- Targeted networking among those in this field
- Sharing of resources and insights that will assist your professional development
- Policy and governmental guidance for civil servants
- Discounts on training, events and other special offers
- Notifications about specific items of interest to your profession
- A voice and forum for expressing your opinion, concerns and ideas relative to blockchain
- Access to unique opportunities
In summary, we will serve our members (be they civil servants or commercial entities) by connecting them to the heartbeat of blockchain and government activities.[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”What type of membership is right for me?” tab_id=”1526069573832-cdaa9c0b-f0a5″][vc_column_text]
Individual Membership Benefits
- Applicable to Professional, Civil Servant, and Student Membership
- The only difference is the price point
- Civil Servants must use their government issued emails to qualify for this free membership
- Students must use their school emails to qualify for this reduced-price membership
- Community and affinity with those also interested in serving governments with blockchain technology
- Can enter personal information into member directory to enable being contacted for jobs, contracts, and speaking opportunities
- Can post events and blogs on the GBA website
- Receive discount pricing on GBA sponsored events
- Can use exclusive GBA Member™ logo on their resume or website
- Can speak and present at GBA sponsored events
Individual Tiers Duration Cost Professional Membership 1 Year $299 Student Membership(Requires use of school email) 1 Year $49 Civil Servant Membership(Requires use of government email) 2 Years Free
Organizational Membership Benefits
- Same benefits as the Individual Memberships, but with added privileges and three tiers
- Privileges of Corporate Memberships include:
- Listing their organization in the GBA Organizational Directory
- Ability to post information about their training classes, products, services, job openings, publications, presentations, and any other type of promotional material
- Be promoted by GBA to target audiences through avenues like social media
- Ability to use the GBA Corporate Member Logo
- Small Organizational Membership
- For organizations with less than 50 employees
- Includes 5 user accounts with Professional Memberships
- Medium Organizational Membership
- For organizations with 50 or more employees
- Includes 15 user accounts with Professional Memberships
- Large Organizational Membership
- For organizations with fractional ownership (i.e. publicly traded or employee-owned)
- Includes 40 user accounts with Professional Memberships
- Small Organizational Members can upgrade to a Training Partner
- This includes the same benefits of a Small Organizational Membership, but with 5 extra user accounts (for a total of 10)
Organizational Membership Duration # of User Accounts Cost Small Organizational Member (less than 50 employees) 1 Year 5 $1,500 Training Partner (less than 50 employees) 1 Year 10 $3,000 Medium Organizational Member (more than 50 employees) 1 Year 15 $5,000 Large Organizational Member (organization with fractional ownership) 1 Year 40 $20,000
- Applicable to Professional, Civil Servant, and Student Membership
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Do I qualify for a civil servant membership?” tab_id=”1526069793834-5bc288d8-b7a0″][vc_column_text]These memberships are intended for government representatives who see the potential that blockchain could have in their community and want to build connections with other GBA members to pursue that future.
Civil servant memberships are expected to register with a government-issued email such as one ending in .gov or .eu.
Users who attempt to join using emails registered at Gmail or AOL will not be approved.[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Do I qualify for a student membership?” tab_id=”1526071361311-dfeade6a-ed97″][vc_column_text]GBA student memberships require the user to sign up with an email ending in .edu.
Users who attempt to join using emails registered at Gmail or AOL will not be approved.
University employees and teachers do not qualify for student membership.[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Refund Policy ” tab_id=”1556057495946-7ab64d10-e3cf”][vc_column_text]
-Users who join as student members with an inappropriate email address, your account will be deleted and you will be refunded
-Users who join as civil servant members with an inappropriate email address, your account will be deleted but there will be no refund since there was no original transaction
-All other sales are Final