Home Forums Intellectual Property (IP) – Music 3-Part Course offered by Washington Area Lawyers for the Arts and AOTB Podcast

• 3-Part Course offered by Washington Area Lawyers for the Arts and AOTB Podcast

Posted by Deleted User on September 3, 2018 at 2:48 pm

Starting on September 17, my co-host of Art on the Blockchain (AOTB) and I are offering a 3-part course through Washington Area Lawyers for the Arts. There will be something for everyone interested in the creative industries and blockchain.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Deleted User replied 5 years, 7 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Gerard

Administrator
    September 6, 2018 at 11:59 pm

Cynthia, This is awesome. If you write a blog post, I can promote it on Social Media.

Gerard

• Deleted User

Deleted User
      September 15, 2018 at 11:38 am

Here is some text, Gerard, if you are still interested in promoting via blog post:

Introduction to Cryptocurrencies, Crypto-Art and Music and Blockchain for Creatives” with Cynthia Gayton, Esq., GBA Working Group Lead for Intellectual Property – Music, and DJ J Scrilla, in collaboration with Washington Area Lawyers for the Arts (WALA), are teaching this 3-part art and music related course. Gayton and Scrilla are co-hosts of the popular podcast, Art on the Blockchain (AOTB). For this course series, AOTB will use real-world and practical examples to introduce creatives to cryptocurrency and blockchain technology to assist artists increase exposure and navigate through new business models and use cases. Attendees learn how smart contracts can be used to track digital assets (which can be any artistic or creative work represented in digital form) licensed or sold using blockchain technology. AOTB focuses on basic contracting principles as well as intellectual property and introduces attendees to cryptocurrencies (such as bitcoin), smart contracts, digital assets and distributed ledger technology.

• Armand Gaetan NGUETI

September 11, 2018 at 12:14 pm

Can wait to get involved in this.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    September 15, 2018 at 11:29 am

Fantastic! Here is a link to Art on the Blockchain’s most recent podcast: https://soundcloud.com/artontheblockchain

If you know anyone who is interested in taking the course, it starts on Monday, September 17!