Recap and Action Points from Today’s Meeting 6/7/23

• Recap and Action Points from Today’s Meeting 6/7/23

Posted by William Michael Cunningham on June 14, 2023 at 1:28 pm

Date: Wed, Jun 7, 2023 at 6:00 PM

Subject: Subject: Recap and Action Points from Today’s Meeting 6/7/23

Dear PMO Team,

I hope this email finds you well. I wanted to take a moment to summarize the key discussions from the productive meeting I had with Mr. Cunningham earlier today. Here are the important points we covered:

1. Task Update from Last PMO Call Review:
    a. I would like to inform you that our PMO communications are up to date, ensuring efficient information flow within our organization.
    b. Regarding the UK CBDC information submissions, please note that the Banking and Finance working group is currently reviewing the documentation. We plan to prepare the necessary documents for GBA review and subsequent submission during next week’s working group meeting.
    c. Furthermore, I discussed the setup of landing pages for the upcoming “Blockchain and Infrastructure: Rise of AI” conference with Jordan. We are making progress in this regard.

2. Charter and Mission Statement:
    We acknowledge that the PMO still needs to develop a Charter and Mission Statement. Once finalized, these documents can serve as a template for other working groups, ensuring consistency and alignment across our organization.

3. Informative Piece on Recent SEC Lawsuits:
    During our meeting, Mr. Cunningham raised a significant concern regarding the recent lawsuits filed by the SEC against Binance and Coinbase. He pointed out that the conflation of blockchain and cryptocurrencies in regulation can lead to misinformed decisions, potentially impeding blockchain innovation in the United States. As a result, we see an opportunity for GBA to take a leadership role in educating the public about the distinctions between blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies. This can be achieved through informative talks leveraging our global reach and diverse membership base. For reference, Mr. Cunningham shared the following insightful article:
    https://www.impactinvesting.<wbr>online/2023/06/the-secs-<wbr>misguided-battle-against-<wbr>crypto.html “The SEC’s Misguided Battle Against Crypto”
    Thank you for your time and attention to these matters. If you have any additional insights or suggestions, please feel free to share them. I look forward to our next meeting and the progress we will make together.

Kind regards,

Miguel H.
    GBA Project Management Office

William Michael Cunningham replied 10 months, 3 weeks ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.